CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

martes, 4 de noviembre de 2008

Tektonik

Even if you think tektonik is so last year (if you've listened way too many times "Sucker" by Dim Chris or "Alive" by Mondotek (also knowned as the official tektonik anthem)...some people are not aware of it's existence.And I'm not even sure what it's about,so I'll check Wikipedia,just like every other day that I have an emergency.


Tecktonik (also known as "tck","electro dance" "vertigo", "Milky Way") is a form of dance based on a blend of techno styles (late 80s Vogue (dance), 90s Waving (dance) and old school Breakdancing).Check out Tears for Fears-"Mad World".The music Tecktonik is usually danced to is Electro house. Tecktonic has not yet succeeded in creating its own musicgenre, even though multiple attempts have been made.. Tecktonik originated in Paris, France and has grown in popularity through word-of-mouth and video sharing sites such as Dailymotion and YouTube.
Dancers also tend to have "futuristic", sometimes even gothic hair cuts and sometimes wear make-up designs such as a star around one eye. The neon colours on shirts are linked to the London Nu Rave fashion scene.

It borrows heavily from elements of glowsticking, and hip-hop dance moves including popping and locking, vogue and wacking.

Umm..so basically it's just a trend,kinda like emo...only that tektonik is not being hated by hypocrites,it involves a lot of dancing and it does not include suicide.And of course,gets you a lot of chicks.
Well...I'm very excited to meet as many "tektoniks" as I can and hope to learn something from it.Cause it's 2008 and I want to live my teenage era and discover as many other teenage cultures as I can.As I do not define myself with this dance-trend-thing I'm sure I can still enjoy some Mondotek.


ONE DESIRE - JAKARTA

0 comentarios: